The Spring Racing Carnival is ready to begin. From October 1-15 Melbourne will come alive with the horse racing culture around the city. The second biggest event to the Melbourne Cup is the Caulfield Cup. Get all the information you need about the Caulfield Cup acceptances so that you can place that winning bet.
The Caulfield Cup comes with big prize money of $3 million. You can keep track of which horses are in contention for this prize online.
Check out some of the nominations for the Caulfield Cup acceptances here
- Irish master trainer Aidan O’Brien has nominated a dozen stayers to top the international entries for October’s Group I Caulfield Cup (2400m).
- The Lloyd Williams part-owned pair Order Of St George and Bondi Beach is among the entries for the $3 million events. Also, English and Irish Derby placegetter Idaho.
- Order Of St George won the Group I Ascot Gold Cup (2-½m) during the Royal Ascot carnival in June while the classy performer also won last year’s Irish St Leger (1m6f) at the Curragh.
- Bondi Beach traveled to Australia last year where he finished 16th to Prince Of Penzance in the Melbourne Cup at only his sixth start.
- The son of Galileo has won both his starts in Europe this season. This includes beating two rivals in the Vintage Crop Stakes (1m6f).
- O’Brien has also entered last year’s Cox Plate placegetter Highland Reel.
- The 2015 minor placegetters Trip To Paris and Our Ivanhowe are also among the Caulfield Cup entries along with the 2014 runner-up Rising Romance.